The website Statista.com projects that Americans will spend over $678 Billion dollars on Christmas this year! The National Retail Federation projects that the average family in the U.S. will spend an average of $967.13 on Christmas this season. Here’s the breakdown:
- Gifts: $608.06
- Food, decorations, flowers and greeting cards: $218.08
- Other non-gift items consumers buy for themselves and their families: $140.99
I’m definitely not a Scrooge when it comes to holiday spending and enjoying the holiday season with my family. However, sometimes I do wonder, “How many of these expenditures will really make a difference?”
In contrast, consider some of the ministries and projects Dave Williams Ministries has helped:
- Providing resources to Life Challenge Centers, Teen Challenge Centers, and Chi Alpha Campus Ministries around the nation
- Dave’s course, The Art of Pacesetting Leadership, is now on over 170 campuses
- Grants to the Los Angeles Dream Center
- Scholarships to train pastors through Living Water Teaching Center in Guatemala
- Training pastors in China, Cuba, South Africa, and Vietnam
- Providing resources to Christian Resources International for training pastors all over the world
- Outreaches to children in Philadelphia, PA; Detroit, MI; Lansing, MI; Pontiac, MI; and Greensboro, NC.
Last year we gave over $250,000 in scholarships, grants, and resources.
None of this is possible without our faithful partners that come along side us and help us fulfill the mandate that God has given us. If you partner with Dave Williams Ministries, YOU MAKE IT HAPPEN!
So, this Christmas season while you are stressing out about finding the most excellent gift to give that least favorite relative, don’t forget how to truly make an impact this Christmas season.