Faith thinking and faith speaking will set in motion the conditions for the increase you want. You must do more than just thinking and speaking, you must act on the Holy Spirit’s direction, not your human ideas.
(As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.
Right now, say, “You’re fired” to the faith destroying “fake news renters” in your mind, and speak out loud what God proclaims. Declare His Word boldly and decree His vision for your life, ministry, and business. When you consistently think on God’s promise and speak them, they begin moving from your head to your heart.
There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.
Human ideas, however grand, apart from God, have a tendency to lead to unfruitfulness and some kind of death, in this case, your finances.
The three legs of genuinely successful finances:
The three foundational interlocking blocks of genuinely successful finances are:
- Understanding the better covenant purchased by the Blood of Jesus,
- Faith in God’s promises,
- Action-oriented prayers of declaring God’s Word and decreeing His vision,
- Maintaining solid and strong connections with spiritually-minded wealth producers
- The biblical philosophy of wealth (if you have never articulated on paper your philosophy of wealth, you are probably “under water” right now),
- Thinking increase instead of speaking the way others do, i.e., “In this economy …”
- Developing a long-term view on finances rather than merely a short-term view,
- Renewing the spirit of your mind by programming it with God’s Word and truthful practices.
- Seed planting
- Investment discipline
- Decisions a based on vision rather than expediency.
When the overall consistent trend is a flat line … or worse yet, a steady decline, you need to do something fast. Let’s look at a spiritual, sensible plan.
Here’s your road map:
1. Reconnect with God’s amazing covenant (Hebrews 8:6)
2 Corinthians 1:20
For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
God’s promises, Old and New Covenant are yours through Jesus Christ.
2. Believe, really believe God’s promises. (Hebrews 11:1-2; 6)
Mark 9:23 (NKJV)
… “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.”
3. Pray the Bible solutions instead of constantly whining to God (Hebrews 4:12)
4. Annihilate all your excuses. They are insults to heaven. (Luke 14:18)
5. Re-gain God’s vision for your life, ministry, or business. Set faith goals, and stay on target. (Proverbs 29:18)
And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.
6. Get and stay strongly connected with godly wealth-producers, not the “wannabes” – those that have no track record. (Matthew 13:1-23)
Proverbs 13:20 NLT
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.
A pastor flew over 2000 miles to spend just a few hours with me. He said he had almost destroyed his church because the only seeds he and his church ever planted were seeds into the homeless and poor. And that’s the kind of harvest his church was getting. Now, he’s changed that by changing his thoughts, words, and actions while still ministering to the poor. Of course we, as followers of Jesus should give alms to the poor, but not as “seeds planted.” We plant seeds into effective, successful, fruitful producers, and expect God to give us a harvest of increase for our connection with winners.
Giving to the poor is a loan to the Lord, not a seed planted for a harvest (Proverbs 19:17).
7.Not only plant spiritual seeds into the kingdom of God (tithes and offerings), but start planting some personal seeds into your future through training, courses, seminars, and by making financial investments. (Proverbs 13:22)
2 Corinthians 9:6 NLT
Remember this—a farmer who plants only a few seeds will get a small crop. But the one who plants generously will get a generous crop.
8. Quit talking about the way it is, and start talking about the way it shall be. (Romans 4:17)
Mark 11:23 (NKJV)
For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.
9. Prepare for expansion, not contraction. (John 15:8)
“Enlarge the place of your tent, And let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings; Do not spare; Lengthen your cords, And strengthen your stakes.
10. When there are two paths before you, the easy path or the difficult, disciplined path, always take the latter. (Proverbs 14:12)
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
I predict …
When you take these action steps, I predict that in six months, you’ll be saying,
- “Things are moving in the right direction.”
- “Praise God, we are growing and expanding.”
- “We are enjoying a wonderful season of increase.”
Read this and re-read it every day for 30 days. And read a chapter of Proverbs every day. Instead of watching your finances slump, you’ll see them jump.