“God has given you a call and a destiny. He has created you to be a pacesetting leader, more that a winner through Jesus Christ, our Lord” –Dave Williams
Get ready to launch your life into a fresh dimension!
Embark on one of the greatest endeavors of your life—becoming a pacesetting leader in whatever you are called to do. The principles in this book will advance your life, and the lives of everyone around you, to greater levels of achievement as you begin to experience and practice the art of pacesetting leadership. These principles have transformed lives, businesses, and ministries for several decades—and they will transform your life and your calling as you put them into action.
At whatever level of leadership you are starting, these principles carry the power to launch you years ahead. They are tried and true; they come straight from the Bible, and they work. Readers naturally come to this book with varying degrees of experience and confidence in their own leadership abilities. Some know they are supposed to be leaders and want to learn more about leading well. Many readers will not even recognize that they are called to be leaders in some area of life. These principles work for you at every stage of leadership. You can be a CEO or a new employee, a seasoned minister or a new mom. What you learn in this book will take you from where you are to where you need to go. Not only that, but these principles will provide a helpful resource for you to draw on your entire life.
Fulfill your Dreams
Dave Williams has taught these principles for over thirty years, and they have proved themselves in every arena of human endeavor. We recently received a call from a man who participated in the leadership course and by applying those principles, fulfilled a lifetime dream to became a worship leader in a church. He said what he learned in the course has guided him for years.
Another man put the pacesetting leadership principles into practice and they spurred a business idea. Within two years of studying pacesetting leadership he sold that business for $2.3 million.
A woman who works in a government agency told Dave, “I bet these pacesetting leadership principles won’t work for me because I work in government. It’s a whole different world.” But she tried them and was so successful that they created a new position for her!
Another man was promoted to a supervisor position even though he didn’t have a master’s degree that was a prerequisite for the job. These principles underlie success, no matter your field of endeavor or your present qualifications.
Allow Dr. Dave Williams to be your coach
This book is a step-by-step guide to help you become the pacesetting leader that God wants you to be. With God’s help, Dave Williams will plant principles of leadership into you so you develop the heart of a leader. This is the book doesn’t tell you how to be a leader but instead helps to develop the heart of a leader in you. You won’t just learn leadership, you will become a leader if you’ll allow me to be your coach throughout this study.
- Prerequisites for a Master Level Leader
- The three legs of leadership
- Authentic vs Synthetic: God made vs. manmade
- The Kind of Leader God is Looking For
- Proper Attitudes for Leadership
- Methods for renewing your mind for success
- The Dynamic Power of Vision: Looking beyond what you see in the natural
- The process of setting and reaching faith goals
- How to Teach Motivationally
- How to successfully navigate commonly found obstacles
- The Principle of Excellence—don’t settle for average
- The True Purpose of the Church
- Authority, Rebellion, and Divine Discipline
- How to avoid self-sabotage and pitfalls of leadership
Leadership quotes from Dr. Dave Williams:
- Bishops, pastors, family leaders and Christian businesspeople must understand the character qualities God expects in leadership, as a result and do their best to emulate these attributes, so others can understand what St. Paul calls, “the mystery of godliness.”
- Never—and I mean never—surrender your leadership to bellyaching complainers, whiners, rebels, or argumentative, antagonistic malcontents. Contentious people hurt churches, especially, when they are in some form of leadership. This is why St. Paul excluded them from the leadership roles when he said, “no strikers.”
- We never grow in an atmosphere of nitpicking and judgment but in an atmosphere of grace.
- We are called to make disciples, not dependents.
- An individual frozen in the status quo is not a pacesetting leader.
- Communication is one of the primary keys to being a pacesetting leader.
- The priceless, most valuable attribute of the pacesetting leader is honesty.
- An effective, pacesetting leader is one who delegates tasks to the right people.
- Pacesetting leaders keep things transparent, uncluttered, simple, and consistent.
- A pacesetting leader is always committed to excellence.
- Pacesetting leaders have the capacity to create and impart vision to others
What people are saying:
The bishop in the Russian province of Kaliningrad made The Art of Pacesetting Leadership required reading for all of their pastors. The thing about Pacesetting Leadership that the Russians and I like is that it’s practical and accessible. –Missionary Kerby Rials
I’ve been in the ministry for over twenty years full-time and haven’t seen anything out there that equips people as well as Pacesetting Leadership. –Pastor Norm Oberlin
Two months of Pacesetting Leadership teaching (back in 1988) cleared up eleven years of uncertainty. It was that life-changing. –Pastor Joe Robbe
After graduating from Bible school in 1991, I started a Bible school back in Africa. Now it is a four-year college that has graduated almost 750 pastors. We use this course as part of our curriculum, in addition we’ve planted more than 300 churches in several African countries. –Bishop Anthony Yeboah
I recently finished teaching my twenty-fifth Pacesetting Leadership class. We could not be doing what we’ve done here without the instruction from this course. –Pastor John Galinetti
The Art of Pacesetting Leadership is a course that has been taught all over the world in video format, and has prepared thousands in Christian ministry and leadership. This book captures the highlights of this course. In each one of its dynamite chapters you will find nuggets of truth that will make a difference in your life if these principles are applied. If you have bought the original book, this 2014 update is packed with outstanding new material that makes it worthwhile buying this new version. -DS